I've been waiting and waiting to hear back from the Master's of Social Work program. Since I'm an Advanced Standing (a 1 year, more rigorous program) applicant, I'm supposed to hear back within a week if I get into that.
This whole application process has been a headache. It was extremely difficult for me to find letters of recommendation. One professor, who I was actually quite close with last year- was having trouble with his email and never got my request. Another said she would be thrilled to write on my behalf- then gave me a less-than-glowing recommendation, saying that I was absent from class a lot due to my lupus, and hopefully that won't stand in the way of getting my MSW. One professor who had to write for me as part of the requirements isn't exactly my best buddy after one minor incident where I decided to skip the second part of a class in protest of a 30 minute break in the middle of a class that goes until 9:20 pm (why not let us out early?). I think he thinks I'm cocky (I am) so who knows what he wrote. Anyway, it was disastrous.

Head explosion, one of the more PG pics I could find.
But, I do have a pretty darn high GPA (3.95 at Sac State, I think that's all they look at), so my hopes are still up.
I know I'll get into grad school, but it's the Advanced Standing program that is the real deal. Instead of having to wait 2 years to think about moving on with our lives it would be 4 if I didn't get in (I'll be getting my degree with a stipend, so I have to work for the county for the number of years they paid for my school). Two extra years is a lot of time.
So, sometime this week I'll be hearing back, and then no more head explosions... at least about this. I mean, there is still school and the wedding... and then my thesis...
...I digress.
I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment