Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Officially a Grad Student

Well, not quite, I still have to finish up this year... but I've been accepted to the Social Work Master's program.
And now the downside: I didn't get in the Advanced Standing Program. At first I was very, very angry about this. Apparently one of my letters of recommendation (and I know which one!) didn't recommend me highly enough. Probably the worst part of all of this is I have class with this prof for another six weeks. I'm planning on restraining myself, though. I won't be lashing out anytime soon.
The problem he had with me is one that I've had in a few high school classes as well: I get bored. I like classes to be hard and I like them to be worth my while. This evening class is neither of these things. Therefore, I appear cocky and I come across as a slacker who doesn't care for authority. Well, I can't change that now.
I'm not so angry anymore. I was driving to pick up Kevin from work, and it was a beautiful day, and Sparty was sticking his head out the window and looking adorable.
I am very blessed. I have a wonderful, amazing fiance. I love my Spartacus. I'm slowly seeming to begin to manage my lupus with exercise and I plan to reduce my medication soon. I do have to put my life on hold for a bit longer- we can't move or have kids until I finish working for CPS to pay off my stipend. But I'll be in my nephew's lives for the important years that they will remember and until we can have kids, my Sparty-baby will do. I've even decided to look for part time work as a social worker while I'm doing the two-year program.
So, this is Zen-Kara. I have my once a month Saturday class and then I'm off to Spokane- where I'll be getting some much needed family time, especially with my sister.
Just in case any of this depressed you, here's a picture of my baby:
I'll be seeing some of you soon!

No comments: