Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

Ever since Kevin and I got back from spring break in good ol' (cold) Spokane it's been like we hit the ground running.
To begin, I had my Title-IVE interview the Wednesday after we got back. I was very nervous, especially after almost arriving late due to rain and idiots in the parking garage. However, I did really well. Since I know so much about CPS I was able to sound very smart while the panel asked me questions. One guy gave me a thumbs up at the end and the two women smiled at me. I feel very confident.
Thankfully, things have slowed down a bit. We had a perfect weekend: a bbq and game night with our friends Ricky and Elizabeth, and then a Sunday lunch with Dan and Anna, a walk in the sunshine, and making Mama's birthday present: lemon cupcakes with huckleberry cream cheese frosting.
They were delicious, I took those that wouldn't fit in the shipping box to work and they were devoured in 30 minutes.
I also squeezed in a small workout and Kevin made a ham as it was Easter. We didn't color Easter eggs this year, but that didn't stop me from making some deviled eggs.
I added a bit of horseradish for some zing. Yum!
Spartacus has been a good boy lately. There was one small incident where he was under my feet in the kitchen. I decided to try a Safeway brand of those microwave veggie steamer bags instead of the name brand. I was taking it out of the microwave and it had a hole in it. Poor Sparty was right under my feet when the bag leaked RIGHT ON HIS BACK. I freaked. After crawling under the table to retrieve my yelping puppy, bawling and putting cold compresses on the spots he turned out to be fine. I felt like shit (sorry for the swearing, but there was no other word for it) for the rest of the night.
Eventually I realized that he was going to live and Kevin convinced me that it wasn't my fault. It's just amazing the amount of grief you feel the first time something like this happens to your (fur)baby. As soon as we switch apartments I'll be working on training him to stay out of the kitchen.
We're at something like 75 days until the wedding. I'm excited to see everyone at the wedding. I think I'm past most of the stressful parts of planning. Now I'm just looking forward to being "Mrs. Kevin Radecki".
Tomorrow is Kevin's birthday. We're going to Pizzeria Classico with Dan and Anna, and then I'm making a cake called "Is it really better than sex?" cake.
More later this week!

No comments: