Kevin's birthday was on Tuesday and we had a really great day. I spent most of the day fixing his cake. After work Kevin came home and had a nice, large glass of scotch. Then it was off to Pizzeria Classico (yeah, we were there just a few weeks ago, what about it?).

Oh, man, delicious. Not quite as good ass the first time, but still very tasty. Add in some nice tall beers and it was a great dinner with our friends Dan and Anna.

Whoa, I look kinda creepy, it looks like the light hit my eyes all odd. Anyway, after dinner Dan and Anna stopped by their apartment to grab Dexter so the boys could play while we had our cake and sparkling wine.
Behold the "better than sex" cake:

Mmmmmmm.....

As far as the cake we got three "no's" and one "maybe"(poor Dan!). But, it was really, really good. Kevin took the leftovers to work today and it was gone in about an hour.

I discovered that pairing wine with dessert is even more difficult than pairing with dinners. The wine is supposed to be as sweet as or sweeter than your dessert and that cake was VERY sweet. Also, Kevin really likes champagne, and it seems like 80 percent of champagnes are dry. But I did it! They went really well together (though I did buy a nice riesling just in case).
Kevin would like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes!
No comments:
Post a Comment