Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hey, remember me?

I feel like I've been out of town for a very long time and now I've finally gotten home and I just want to sleep.
In reality- I've just been working on a paper for the past week and it's made me very hermit-like.
I still want to sleep, though...
Anyway, my paper is for my "Crimes Without Victims" course and I'm writing on Consensual Incest. Unlike other victimless crimes (suicide, addictions, gambling, prostitution, pornography, etc) there's very little facts on consensual incest since it's such a taboo subject. Those that are in those relationships don't make it public, for fear of being charged with a felony.
Which is why this paper was so darn difficult!
Why did I not choose to write my paper on one of those other, easier crimes? Well, mostly because I'm an idiot, and I wanted to learn about this interesting topic, and because there was an episode of Private Practice where the fertility doctors wouldn't help one couple conceive because it turns out they share the same father (the guy's mom had gone to a sperm bank). It was interesting, I swear. And, if you have a thing for guilty pleasure shows (read: crappy, but entertaining with some emotional bits and some eye-candy), I highly suggest that one.
Seriously, what a great cast.
Today I'm actually going to be sitting in my Crimes Without Victims class. It's going to be a long day. I had thought since I was such a fan of once a week classes (about 2.5 hours long) I could handle a once a month class. It's a lot of sitting, plus my nails don't usually survive.
But, it's all gravy- I'll be graduating in a couple weeks and Cassie, Charlene, and my sissy-lala Kayla will be coming to visit. I've missed them so much, it will be great to have my people out in the audience while I'm struttin' my cumma sum laude stuff across the stage.
Also coming up in the future...
I'm getting married in TWO months!
...and, somewhat surprisingly, I'm very zen about it. I have some projects left to do: Spartacus table numbers, dress fittings, finding a veil, figuring out the ceremony readings and printing out programs. There's probably more, but there's no need to stress right now.
My professor is starting to talk- and I actually respect this professor so I think I'll listen.
Love you all!

No comments: