I hadn't had any problems with my arthritis for months, it felt like. I got cocky. I decided to that I would eventually run a marathon (but start a lot smaller, first!). And then I decided to cut my medication in half.
I've done this before- both with and without talking to a doctor first. It used to be because I just hated taking pills or I was angry at my situation. This time I was thinking that maybe (maybe!) my lupus was in remission and also that I should try to cut back meds ahead of time so that when it's necessary.
Ahead of what time? When would that be necessary?
Four to five years down the road I plan on having children. I wrestled with the decision of whether or not to have kids for a long time. Pregnancy is going to be hard on me, and I wasn't sure that I was strong enough.
Until my big sister, Kayla, convinced me that not only am I strong enough, but I have her to count on throughout the whole process.
But, here I am, about to get married and already baby-crazy (a word used frequently by Kevin). So I'm planning for down the road. There hasn't been any tests done on the effects of my medicine, hydroxychloroquine, and pregnancy. Not wanting my child to be born with a foot growing out of his cheek, I resolved that when the time comes I would go off of it.
Which brings us back to today and the "Oops". It's been bumpy. Nope, I'm not is remission, but you can't blame a girl for trying. The pain has varied between my knees, hips, and hands, and I'm a bit more tired than usual. I'm going to give it another week or two before I make up my mind to up the dosage or leave it the same. As I am stressed with the end of the school year and last minute papers, I'm not sure if the lower meds are leading to these symptoms or if my stress is causing the flares.
Regardless of how I've felt this week I still managed to work on my newest occupation: cake person!
If I can spend hours bending over a cake piping frosting maybe I can run a marathon after all...
Now on to experimenting making crockpot Indian Butter Chicken...
....oh, and Kayla gets here in two weeks! Cassie and Charlene get here not long after!


No comments:
Post a Comment