What have I done since then? That first Friday I sat on my tucus (tuckus?) and just basked in the glow of having nothing to do. It was great.
This week, however, I've been slowly cleaning the apartment. I'm the kind of girl that likes deep cleaning in the Spring (or whenever), but due to the school year all one can really do is tidy up and hope your obsessive compulsive tendencies don't lead you to a nervous breakdown about that yucky gunk around the sink faucet.
Well, now the apartment is really, really clean (I told Kevin not to touch anything) save vacuuming (which needs to wait until Kev can get Sparty out of the apartment) and almost ready for my three visitors and my graduation party on Saturday! I'm really excited for hoisin beef kabobs and sangria- and my best party yet!
In case I forget to mention this later (which I will, with all the hectic-ness of the weekend), I have a lot of people who I need to thank. I graduated with my BSW in three years (and at the top of my class!), and I couldn't have done it without some people.
First, (of course) Mama and Papa- I would NOT be as driven if it wouldn't be for you two. You both pushed me hard, and although I hated you at times for it, here I am today.
Kayla- Sometimes I needed someone to bitch to (about my not-so-favorite prof, usually) or someone to tickle a baby over the phone to cheer me up. Rawk on, thanks for that.
The Spokane Knotties- I'm not sure if any of you read my blog, I'll try to remember to tag you somehow, but sometimes the best cure for school is not talking about school. More specifically, talking about my wedding. Thanks for being there the past two years!
My other friends and family- thank you for your well wishes and your undying support. Although a few of you told me to just give it up and major in sociology (Cassie!) because it was the same thing as social work, you usually never steered me wrong.
Finally, Kevin-
Thanks everyone!
I'll try to post pictures after graduation, the party, and our San Fran trip!

1 comment:
7/02/09 Finally got a chance to go thru your blog. Really Dear, Do you really think we pushed you. We have always been happy with you & your siblings..you basically pushed yourself and you deserve all the honors you have earned over the years. And now Suma Cum Laude from college. You know you wanted to keep up with Brian. LOL We are very happy with your accomplishments and very proud of the person you've become. And we are very happy with your choice of a husband. Kevin is a special young man & we love him & his family. You are very lucky.We know you both are having a WONDERFUL honeymoon and enjoy all of the sightseeing and exploring. Can hardly wait to hear from you when you get home!! LOTS OF LOVE,
MAMA & PAPA p/s did you open the two cards I sent with you as they were very important.
Post a Comment