Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh, airports...

...I love them. Not only do I enjoy flying in general, but it's usually such a happy place. If not happy, then bittersweet. People reuniting, little kids running to their mommies, and couples waving at each other as one rides the escalator all the way up to go through security. It's a horridly romantic place (I'm sure it used to be more romantic in the days before 9/11, but whatever). Also, if you haven't seen the movie "Love Actually" you need to do so immediately. Go. Now. Then come back and finish reading my post.
When Kevin and I were long distance I got to know airports all too well- especially Spokane and Sacramento International. Many tearful goodbyes were had but also many AWESOME reunion smooches.
We shared one particularly awesome kiss at this baggage claim in Sacramento. It made old ladies stare.

We both believed that when I moved to California we would probably never have those moments again.
However, tomorrow I leave for Spokane and Kevin is driving me to the airport. We'll be apart for the longest time ever since getting engaged (almost 2 weeks) and we're both not looking forward to it. But, then he'll be in Spokane with me. And then, a few short days later, we'll be married. (And then we fly to MEXICO! ...but that's not the point of this blog...)
I can't believe our two year engagement is almost over. Two years of planning and stress and deadlines with vendors all will come down to us saying "I do".
So, another airport tomorrow and probably some tears. But, next time I fly into Sacramento I will be arriving with my husband.
17 days and counting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you can now say that you have made Kevin's Mom cry!!! But, it's a 'happy cry'!!!
I love you, Kara!

Hailey said...

Ahh...great post!!!

BTW, Love Actually is one of my fav movies!!!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful wedding. And BOTH the bride & groom were glowing and they looked SOOO happy. Have a wonderful honeymoon & we'll be waiting to hear from you when you get home!!! We LOVE you ALL,
Mama & PaPa & Pickles