Monday, June 1, 2009

Second Post of the Day: BIG NEWS!

This is worth two posts in one day...
Saturday I received some EXCELLENT news in the mail. Contingent on the state of California having sufficient funds I am a recipient of the Title IVE Stipend!
I will be receiving 18,500 a year for my two years of the Master's program. That comes out to about 1,850 a month (for the months I'm in school, so I'd better save it up for summers!). In return, I agree to work for the state of California for two years after my graduation to make up for it (or pay the money back outright).
So, yay! It means four more years in California, but that's better than me NOT getting the stipend and then possibly not attending grad school.
If everyone could cross your fingers that the state doesn't run out of money in the next two years that would be really stellar. Thanks!

2 comments:

francie said...

I hear Oregon is a nice place to live and work for Intel...... and closer to family......... all in all...... congrats on getting that $$, Kara. You deserve it!
I love you!

The Wells Family said...

Congrats Kara!