Sunday, August 24, 2008

Giants v. Padres in San Francisco

So yesterday we woke up really early and dropped off Spartacus at Doggy DayCamp, then began the drive to San Francisco for the Giants game. After a couple minor problems (forgetting the tickets and having to turn around, then going to Monster Park instead of AT &T) we finally made it. We were super smart and parked a couple miles away and walked rather than spending 30 bucks on parking. We met our friends Dan and Anna at our great seats. It was also Dog Days of Summer at AT &T field, so there was a parade of doggies before the game. Super cute stuff.
Along with a pretty decent game of baseball were some good eats, hot links and garlic fries. Yum!

So, it was a pretty fun time! I had never been to a major league game before, and I'm usually of the opinion that baseball is boring because it's not a contact sport. However, when you're out there with some major fans around you and the crowd goes crazy and stands up when a run is scored it's pretty intoxicating. So, I got into it. Go Giants!
Dan and Anna were cheering on the Padres. They lost. Haha. This is him making a sad face. I was also making a sad face at the time, but that was because it was freezing cold (somehow it was breezy but we weren't even out in the open) and hot chocolate was like 34 dollars a cup. You don't even want to know how expensive a beer was.
So after we won our plan was to go grab dinner at Colibri, a Mexican bistro Kevin and I have eaten at before. After snagging another great parking spot (with another mile or so walk) we managed to get our table a bit early. Oh, that guacamole. Delicious. Splitting it between four people was torture. Our entrees were very tasty. I got the catch of the day in a garlic cream sauce with green beans and chorizo. Yum!
It was a really great day, but it didn't end when we got back to our apartment. We ended the day with drinks at Dan and Anna's, since we thought we should enjoy being "kid-free" (Dexter was at Doggy DayCamp, too!). We also played Catch Phrase (think Password) and Kevin and I DOMINATED.
No, we're not competitive. Not at all.
Ugh, what a horrid picture. This is why I stay behind the camera.
I hope everyone had a great Saturday like we did!

1 comment:

francie said...

That is NOT a horrid picture. You guys look adorable!