Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Time for secondary fermentation!

Basically, that just means that fermentation had begun to slow in the primary fermenter, so we switch it to the smaller one to get some of the gunk out and then let it finish up any thing else it wants to do. The beer will stay in the secondary fermenter until Sunday. And then.... it's bottling day! Here are some pics, they don't really need any comments, but I'll give them to you
I'm in charge of holding the siphoning doohickey in place above the sediment.This is the secondary fermenter. It's smaller. The containers next to it are what Kevin pours any leftover beer into if it won't fit into the secondary fermenter. He then drinks that flat, warm beer. I'll stick to my glass of wine.
This is the sediment. Gross stuff. I'm glad Kevin cleans out the fermenter and not me.
Finished product and a very happy looking Kevin. Join us Sunday night for pictures of the bottling process!

2 comments:

The Wells Family said...

Are you participating in underage brewing?? Or is it legal as long as you don't taste it until November? JK

Have a great holiday...see you on Thursday! The Wells Family

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a real good/fun time. ENJOY!!!l