Monday, September 1, 2008

Bottling Day!

Our Belgian Saison is all grown up and ready to be bottled! So, let's begin where we left off. The beer was in our secondary fermenter. From there, we siphoned it into our sanitized bucket. We then created a sort of simple syrup with the bottling sugar (remember him from Act I?).
After all the beer was siphoned happily into the bucket, we poured in the syrup and stirred. Then it was time to bottle! So, pretend like the hose Kevin is holding is leading to the hose on the right, which goes into our bucket full of beer.

Alright, so Kevin is filling each bottle and setting them up on the chair. But where is Kara in all this, you might ask? I'm in charge of capping the beauties! Check out those buff arms.

So, 53 caps later.... Here they are! One more week for them to carbonate in their bottles, and then bottoms up!


Of course, one bottle didn't fill up all the way... and there was a bit left in the bucket we couldn't siphon out....
Hahaha, those are goofy pictures. I hope everyone had a great three day weekend! Kevin goes back to work tomorrow and I start school tomorrow evening. My internship at CPS starts the following week... so I have a feeling I'll be needing a nice, refreshing Belgian Saison after some of my long days. Cheers!

No comments: