This morning I woke up at nine (argh) to put on our ham. Since we were in Washington while hams were on sale, Anna picked it up for us and kept it in their fridge. Using my secret recipe we were feasting three short hours later. It turned out really well. And, since it was almost ten pounds, we have lots of leftovers.
Which is where these puppies come in.
Ah, croque madames. The picture is shamelessly stolen from epicurious.com, which is where I get my recipe from as well. The combination of my delicious ham, swiss, dijion, and a delicious bechemel sauce... it's good. And the good news is that it's completely fat free...Which brings me to my goals for 2009.
To begin, I'll be a more honest person. French food is never fat free, everything is coated in butter.
Secondly, at least for this first part of 2009, I'm going to stop putting off wedding planning related things. My checklist on TheKnot.com has been yelling at me for some time about things I'm supposed to be finished with. Invites will be out by the end of January, gods willing, I'm going to pick out a veil, and I'll get a move on with getting my dress altered.
Somewhat wedding related: be healthier. Working in an office with a vending machine and a pocket of change has been bad for me. I need to pack healthier snacks and actually make it back to the gym. I used to be a toned athlete (oh, high school memories) and now I'm probably carrying a few extra pounds. Wish me luck!
I will stop biting my nails. I've made this resolution every year since I was 12, but I have been successful for small periods of time. I just need to find something else to do with my hands.
Which is why I WILL figure out how to crochet. I'm doing okay, it's just turning around at the end of the rows that mess me up. And with Cassie and Elisha's lovely Christmas present of a cute bag, three things of yarn, and some nice chunky hooks, I really can't give up my attempts now.
I also plan on working on relationships. Keeping in touch better with family, making more friends, and getting a head start on having a great marriage.
Kevin doesn't make goals because he's perfect in every way.
Sparty's goal is to sniff more butts. Our goal for him is that he'll never chew on our new ottomans.
Have a great 2009 everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment