Monday, January 12, 2009

Updates!

It's been a bit since I've posted, so I thought I would bring you all up to date. The main reason I haven't been posting is this:That's right, I'm now a gym member. Blech. I think this is another step in the direction of becoming a Californian. There's a juice bar inside. Ridiculous.
But, in all seriousness, it's going rather well. Last week I went to the gym four times and did yoga the other two. I'm getting a great deal and I love all the equiptment that they have available to use, I never have to wait for a machine. But I have to take a towel. I've used it once when I dribbled water on myself during an elliptical workout. I'm not sure what else it's for.
Also, we began brewing another batch of beer, a porter. It's the darkest beer we've ever brewed and it smells and tastes delicious (we sampled it when we transferred to the secondary fermenter).
Mmmmm beer.
I went back to my internship with CPS Adoptions on the 6th. I'm still writing Child Availables and doing homefinding. I'm slowly becoming an awesome social worker. I look forward to next couple months when I will be able to get a taste of Emergency Response, Guardianship, and Family Reunification. I love that CPS gives me the opportunity to be flexible.
We tried out David and Liz's Christmas present to us: an Electric Wok. Rather than getting something for us off of our wedding registry (at Macy's and Bed, Bath, and Beyond, if you're interested) they got creative and we love it!
Thanks David and Liz!
In the wedding department: We've designed the invites and we'll begin printing and cutting in the next few days. We've purchased my band (yay!) and it's purty. Kev's looking for his now. And I believe we'll be booking our honeymoon soon! That's probably the most exciting aspect of the planning process, other than marrying Kevin, of course.
I turn in my grad school application this week and I begin my last semester as an undergrad at the end of the month. Wish me luck! We miss everyone and I can't wait to see those of you are going to Damien's birthday party!

No comments: