Monday, August 3, 2009

Cancun!

Sorry this is so late! Cancun seems years ago. While I'm not yet in school (although I have my first orientation tomorrow) I still feel like I'm super busy. The apartment stays pretty darn clean all week, then comes the weekend when Kevin doesn't have to work, then I have a dirty apartment to clean by Monday. It's a vicious cycle. And, until I'm back in school I'm doing ALL the chores, so it really stacks up.
Anyway, on to Cancun.
It was so beautiful there! When we arrived it was drizzling, but that was all the bad weather we experienced the entire time.
Seriously. I don't know how anyone could have a bad time there. Our room was gorgeous and tranquil, with a huge indoor shower, an outdoor roofless shower, a jacuzzi, and out on our balcony another bed (perfect for afternoon naps) and an infinity pool. I'm actually making myself want to go back just by talking about it...
Now, the reason why there's not much to blog about: We did NOTHING. Our schedule was: wake up, get room service or go get breakfast, then go read on the beach and have drinks delivered to our beach bed. After that we would either take a nap in our room, or sometimes we would get lunch then take a nap. Then we would chill in the room for a bit until the sun moved around to make our swim up bar a bit shady, then we would go hang out by the swim up bar. Then we would read more (and drink more), and maybe order some nachos for room service. Then dinner (with a nightcap afterward).
See? Pretty boring.
Highlights of the trip were:
MONKEYS!
....and....
LIZARDS!
The food and drink was also pretty darn amazing. Shrimps as big as your head, tons of seafood, fork-tender filets, and a lobster cappuccino bisque that was just crazy and good at the same time. All the liquor was top-shelf, which has turned me into a bit of a vodka snob as far as my dirty martinis are concerned...
...Oh, and being on my honeymoon and being in love and all that junk too... ;)
My honeymoon reads, in case you're interested, was the Time Traveler's Wife (which is going to be out in theaters soon!) and Under the Table. Both were good- Under the Table was more suited to a honeymoon/vacation book than TTW was. It was just something to stare at while I drank my mango margarita or my tequila mojito.
If you're interested in checking out more of the Cancun pics, the web address for my public facebook album is: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19013&id=1584030015&l=2d2de2047d

We're hoping to go back in a few years on our anniversary. Anyone want to join us?

No comments: