On Thursday we went to Six Flags on Intel's dime. They were celebrating the completion of some big project (super top secret stuff) and they even let their employees bring a family member (that's me!).
We finished with the rides early before it got busy. I met two of Kevin's bosses, which was super exciting as I was introduced by Kevin as his wife. This made me happy. His bosses seem pretty cool and they were very nice and told us "congratulations" and such.
After coasters we had lunch with the other employees and their families, then went to check out all the animals.
After hurting our feet, walking around so much, we decided to track down a beer that didn't cost nine bucks (we think they do that because it's a family place) and were successful. We received two very large Shock Top drafts (they put them in soda glasses!) for three bucks a piece. Yay for supporting small diners instead of the big chains!
It was super beautiful out there, though....
After just chilling for a bit near this cute little swimming hole we had a BBQ lunch.
Then it was time for my favorite part: getting on the intertubes! There are no pics of this as I didn't want to endanger my expensive camera (we really need to get insurance on it so I can really use it!), but it was wonderful. Kevin and I each took a beer and we just floated around in this little area, battling the current, and relaxing. I was the only one who actually swam, it was a bit cold, but I thought it felt fantastic. Once a water bug, always a water bug. :)
It was really a great day, it recharged us for the following day: painting the kitchen! (*Dun Dun Duuuunn*)
Thank you Anna and parents for sharing your secret spot with us!

No comments:
Post a Comment