Sunday, August 16, 2009

Housewarming Party!

This past Friday we invited some friends over to check out our new place and chill with us. For some it was a long drive to Folsom, so we really appreciate everyone who made it! Our house definitely feels warmed. :)
It was nice to show off our place after spending the past couple weeks painting. I spent the entire day scrubbing and hanging up pictures. It finally looks like home.
Our master bedroom and adjoining bathroom. We need to actually decorate our bedroom... maybe hang some wedding pictures, but right now it's pretty great.
We love our orange kitchen!

I just love having all those family pics up on the walls!


Messy spare bedroom/office. It's a work in progress.

Spare bathroom, needs a couple more decorative accessories, but it's looking pretty good!

So, that's our place. The party was pretty fun, with killer koolaid and super beers keeping the conversation going. There was lots of munchies too. Needless to say, I felt pretty fat at the end of the day and there were a ton of dishes- but I think both are required if you want to say it was a "good" party!

This week I begin all the trainings I have to take for the Title IVE program. Mental health, Chemical dependency, conflict resolution and domestic violence... wooohoo! School officially starts on the 31st, with my internship beginning the week after that. Fantastic!
My internship this year will be at Sacramento Child Advocates. I'll be in the field a ton (which is what I LOVE) and I'll get plenty of background knowledge in child welfare laws. I'm also looking forward to writing biopsychosocial assessments- a large portion of what all social workers do.
If you want any more info on the organization I'll be working for, click on this link here.
So, blog entries may go down a bit in the next week or so, but it's just because I'm busy learning how to be an MSW! (Social worker with a master's degree).

Love you all, hope you are well!

No comments: