I've received my first stipend check from Title IVE. Our only disappointment was that the checks were supposed to run August-May. So, when I received my check in September I was expecting two months. Nope, they decided to switch it to September-June. Makes no sense to me, but whatever, I'll get my money.
Kevin and I went camping in Bodega Bay off of Dillion beach last weekend- an experience that I'm looking forward to repeating, but maybe not just on a weekend, too hard with homework. I had a blast... I've always loved being slightly cold, sitting next to the fire while enjoying some hot chocolate (spiked with schnapps... what? I'm older!), roasting marshmallows that I normally don't like to eat, and just enjoying the sound of logs popping and the sounds of nature at night. It was wonderful. Kevin, on the other hand, isn't as fond of being cold, doesn't really like s'mores and thinks that nature would be great if you could avoid missing football at the same time. But, we enjoyed ourselves and Sparty had a blast!
Speaking of homework, time to go! I'll be in Spokane on Friday for a weekend with the family and for Riley's first birthday (yay!).

No comments:
Post a Comment