- I graduated Summa cum laude from Sacramento State University with my Bachelor's of Social work and applied to the Graduate program (and was accepted!) and for the Title IVE Child Welfare Stipend (got that, too!)
- Kevin and I were married in the most kick-ass, backyard-low-budget wedding that was ever thrown.

- We spent one glorious week in Cancun...
We moved apartments, this one is much bigger! We also figured out that if you live in a place over two years they can't charge you for paint, so we have a blue bedroom, a sage bathroom, and an orange kitchen!

- I began my graduate program. It's pretty easy, but time consuming (hence no posts since September!) I wish I had gotten into the one year program, but oh well.
- With the program I began interning at Sacramento Child Advocates. When a child enters the system they are assigned an attorney. I work with those attorneys to advocate for our kids and make sure their rights are being upheld. It's very rewarding!
- On November 20 I was in a bad car accident. Not only was it bad because I could have been seriously injured (or worse) but it was right before all my final papers were due. For a couple weeks I could do very little due to airbag injuries and whiplash stuff. I'm doing much better now, and I just know that I'm meant to do something important in this world- otherwise I wouldn't have miraculously missed a few trees on my way over the embankment.
Christmas this year was spent in Spokane. We drove our Subaru up, but never got to really use the 4-wheel drive since there was little or no snow. I'm not complaining! It was so good to see friends and family.
- On New Years Eve we ran over to Elk Grove Honda and got my new car! Since our Honda kept me so safe I really wanted to get another one. Here she is, a 2010 Honda Fit:
And so, I should talk about our other resolutions for 2010...
While school is easy, I would like to do a better job of reading and researching for the sake of being a good social worker. With budget cuts and furlough days at CSUS it seems like a lot of our assigned reading isn't on tests or even discussed in classes. This translates to me watching a movie with my husband and my dog instead of reading. I hope to do better.
I would like to try out some more recipes during the week. I seem to be getting stuck on my stand-by recipes (curries, stir fries, pasta, etc) and I would like to find some more favorites to add to my recipe book.
After the car accident, and perhaps even a bit before that, I was having problems going to the gym due to pain. Around this time Kevin decided to join my gym and begin a weight lifting regime. I began struggling with feeling jealous of Kevin- I couldn't do the activities that I used to enjoy (such as weight lifting and running). Additionally, I started getting discouraged that I was losing muscle mass and gaining a bit more weight (I'm vain. I don't deny it)
. My resolution is to try to keep a better attitude about working out and be more supportive of Kevin in his goal to bulk up a bit. I'm thinking about purchasing the Sketchers Shape Up shoes... so that even on the days I can't lift weights or go on the elliptical I'm still working my leg muscles. I need to be easier on myself about the things I can't do anymore and start thinking about what I CAN do. These kind of goals are hard, but I hope to do well!
Kevin's goal is to start his graduate program, which involves taking all of his tests and stuff first. Having both of us in school at the same time will be hard, but now is the time to invest in our education.
I would like us to walk Spartacus more and work on training a bit. He's still a puller on walks, which was especially difficult after the car accident, Kevin had to hold his leash. Also, Sparty is still attacking light reflections. I'm hoping to figure out how to discourage that so he doesn't have to go in his kennel when the sun comes in through the sliding glass door.
Now, the generic New Year's resolutions: keep the house cleaner, drink more water, find time for pleasure reading (Haha, probably not...), blah blah blah....
...and blog more! I hope to keep up better with family and friends by doing this, so please comment when I finally do blog!
I hope the new year finds you all well. We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment