Friday, July 9, 2010

It's been a long time...

...since January, in fact!
I finished my first year of grad school with ease and have since been relaxing. First thing after my final school obligations were through I sped off to the airport to catch a flight to Spokane.
It was time for Brian and Maggie's wedding! The ceremony was beautiful and I'm so happy that I have a new sister-in-law!
Not long after we returned it was time for Francie and Bernie to come visit. We toured a couple vineyards, ate some delicious Kilauea burgers, and took a trip to San Fran. It was a really great visit- I loved having house guests! Although Mom and Dad did heavily deplete my coffee stash!
At the end of June Kevin and I took our trip to Boston- I'll post pics after I get a chance to tweak them. It was a ton of fun ad it was so great to see the historic sights. As I said, pics in a couple days.
For now I need to work on mt thesis. I'm examining the curriculum at CSUS in the social work program. I'm interested to see how well the courses prepare social workers to deal with issues of sexuality- whether it be in regards to sexual dysfunction, marriage, or the LGTBQ community. I'm in the midst of doing my literature review right now. I'm beginning by examining how sexual customs and attitudes towards such have changed from biblical times to the ancient Greeks and Romans, to the Dark Ages and the Renaissance, and all times since Colonization. It's a fascinating area of research. Despite the thousands of years of progress there is still a certain discomfort when talking about sexuality. That discomfort could point to the lack of curriculum about the subject and perhaps offer some guidance to how things might be improved.
Speaking of which I should get back to work. I'm sorta using the blog to avoid typing up my lit review. Ugh.
Pictures coming soon!
Oh, one final thing-
We've officially been together one year! Looking forward to MANY more.

No comments: