My family's dog, Peanut, was put to sleep this afternoon. Depending on who you ask in the family, she's somewhere between 14 and 17 years old.I personally can't remember a time when she wasn't there. That's why it's so hard that we had to say goodbye. She was pretty sick though, and while she was still adorable at age whatever, the years did take a toll on her little body.
Peanut loved us a lot. When she was a puppy her favorite thing was a carrot squeeky toy. As she grew up she liked munchie sticks and Canine carryouts. Her eating was finicky towards the end, but that didn't stop her from sitting right near the table and staring up at you with big brown eyes. And whining. Loudly. Peanut also had a passion for tearing up any sort of kleenex, toilet paper, or napkin product. She just didn't like it and thought it was best if it all were ripped to shreds.
We're all going to miss her so much. Christmas will be especially difficult. I just wish I was up in Spokane to say goodbye.
I'd like to say how much I appreciate Kayla for taking Peanut to the vet and saying goodbye for all of us. I'm also proud of Mama and Papa for having the strength to say goodbye to a friend who has kept them company since all of their grandkids have moved out.
Now to end on a lighter note, here's a picture of a Peanut in bad need of a haircut. I love you, Peanut.

3 comments:
Kara, I'm so sorry for you loss. It's really hard to lose a pet, I still get teary over a dog I love over 10 years ago. I'm sure Peanut is in doggy heaven.
I just started a blog too, check it out if you want :)
Thank you Kara for putting our love into words. I'm still pretty sad to lose her. Mama
So sorry to hear about Peanut. I have fond memories of the little squirt! All you kiddos grew up with her and I know Charlotte will miss Peanut greatly. Peanut is having a grand time in doggy heaven chasing around with Fritz, Buffy, Cleo, Jetter, and Hans, and many others. Tis always a sad time, tho, when you lose a faithful companion that shows you unconditional love.
I send my love and prayers...
Aunt Vicky
Post a Comment