Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Oh man, are we full. No one had better expect us to get up off the couch for the next couple hours. It won't happen. So, where to begin...?
This is Hank. Ahhh, he's naked!
I put him in at about 10, stuffed full of orange, celery, onion, and a whole head of garlic. A whole stick of butter made it under his skin. Throughout the roasting process I brushed him with a mixture of pinot grigio, veg oil, soy sauce, cayenne, and garlic powder. We'll come back to him later.
Kevin wouldn't let me buy the prepeeled, pre chopped sweet potatoes, so I told him it was up to him to peel them. What a great fiance :).
I used a recipe from the Crockpot Lady and had it getting all happy while the turkey was in the oven. I waited to put on the marshmallows until the potatoes were about done, then switched the crock to warm.
This is Sparty sitting for the turkey heart I cooked for him. He gets the heart from most birds I cook.
Around noon I made my clam stuffed mushrooms. I made some variations from the recipe, adding a bit of cream cheese to the mix. Very tasty, Kevin loved them.
Remember Hank? Well he turned out gorgeous. Perfectly cooked and very moist.
We got everything out on the table, which seems a bit silly now since we didn't sit down for very long. But it looked nice. It was quite the spread. Note how we have very little serving dishes. I bet we have a few on our wedding registry. *hint* *hint*
My candied yams were sooooo delicious. I'm never using canned ones again. Our wine, the Malbec, was pretty good. Kevin didn't care for it much so he stuck to the Pinot Grigio. The turkey was tasty, especially the skin. Even though we had the wine we still got a bottle of sparkling cider, which was gone very quickly.
Oh, and let's not forget Sparty's dinner! Pardon the picture of our embarrassing carpet held together with duct tape.
Then we took a big nap. Then we ate our pumpkin bars with some cool whip. There won't be a picture of that, due to the camera's batteries dying and the choice between getting new batteries or chowing down on the delicious slice of home-baked numminess in front of me. Guess which option I chose.
We hope our family and friends are having a good Thankgiving, we're so thankful for all of you and we can't wait to see you at Christmas.
Now, off for more wine and turkey sandwiches!

No comments: